A+ Vision Optometry ReOpening & Offering Appointments starting May 27!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the office.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- Appointments now require pre-registration on our website. Patients will be able to submit ID and insurance cards on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, you immediately clean your hands with hand sanitizer.
- Anyone over the age of 2 who enters the office will be required to wear face coverings.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the office whenever possible and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Patients are encouraged to use contact-less payment methods (Apple Pay, Google Pay…)
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to facilitate social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- All of our staff and doctor will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks and face-shields. Children should be prepared so they’re not scared. We’ll be smiling with our eyes 🙂
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area.
- Every chair will be disinfected after each use.
- Pre-examination and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the office such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material and toys have been removed from the reception area.
- Our signature lollipop jar and treasure chest have been removed.
- Our coffee bar has been removed.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctor and staff will be kept to a minimum. Patients are encouraged to share with us their concerns and needs through text and email ahead of time to limit the time they need to be in the office.
- Follow-up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.